In Texas, “summer” can arrive as early as late April and last well into September. For tourists, transplants, and natives alike, finding a strategy for making the most of a Texas summer while staying safe and cool is key. For relaxed, family-friendly fun, consider visiting one of the unique communities in the Houston, Texas metro area, like Tomball. Here’s how you can beat the heat in Tomball, Texas this summer.
Plan To Do Outdoor Activities in the Morning
Particularly when the daily highs reach 90 degrees and above, it’s best to plan strenuous outdoor activities for the morning. In Tomball, some options include:
- A round of golf at one of Tomball’s many driving ranges and golf courses
- A stroll, frisbee game, bike ride, or brunch picnic at a park
- Exploring one of the area’s scenic hiking trails
- Picking berries and other fruits at Matt’s Family Orchard
- Kayaking and canoeing
- Checking out Tomball’s historic railroad depot and museum (featuring outdoor spaces and events)
Stay Indoors in the Afternoon and Early Evening
Planning indoor activities almost anywhere in the heat of the day can keep you passably comfortable—and protect you from sunburn and heat stress. Finding places with robust air conditioning, however, can be simply divine. This is especially true in eastern parts of the state and the Houston metro area, where the humidity can be, well, Texas-sized. Here are some of your best bets:
- Shop for antiques, vintage items, and unique finds in Tomball’s historic downtown district
- Sample some cold and delicious craft beers at one of the local breweries
- Check out an indoor museum
- Grab a meal or a cold beverage at one the best restaurants in town, or try a local ice cream shop
- See a movie (and get your snack fix!) at one of several theaters in the area
- Attend a concert at one of the live music venues in and near Tomball
Attend an “Up Close Concert” at Main Street Crossing
The greater Houston metro area is well known for its excellent live music shows and venues, including Tomball’s own Main Street Crossing. This unique nonprofit venue hosts country, Americana, folk, blues, and other types of music in an intimate setting that also offers food and beverages. It also has air conditioning, so you can listen in breezy comfort!
If you’re a resident of or visitor to the Houston metro area, consider attending an event at Main Street Crossing. Main Street Crossing is a multi-use venue for church services, concerts, and more located in Tomball. Check out our event calendar and enjoy entertainment in support of good causes!
Review “Up Close Concert” Experiences at Main Street Crossing
Main Street Crossing in Tomball, Texas is one of the best small music venues in the Houston metro area. This unique nonprofit in a historical venue hosts country, Americana, folk, blues, and other types of music artists in an intimate setting: the furthest seat is only 45 feet from the stage. MSC also offers food, beverages, and community seating, making it easier to interact with fellow concertgoers and even performing artists.
Main Street Crossing additionally functions as a multi-use venue for church services, concerts, and more located in Tomball. Check out our event calendar and enjoy entertainment in support of good causes. If you’d like to support us, feel free to visit us on Yelp!