If you’re in the Houston, Texas metro area, you’ll never run out of things to do on the weekends. In addition to everything the city of Houston has to offer, there’s a wealth of smaller communities waiting to be explored, and The Woodlands, Texas is a great place to start. Situated almost exactly due north of the city, this community offers plenty of fresh and fun things to do. Here’s what you should consider checking out in The Woodlands.
- The Woodlands Waterway. The Woodlands Waterway is a picturesque canal located in the heart of the community. Along its clean and tree-lined banks, you’ll find restaurants, fountains, parks, shopping, public event spaces, and even a koi pond. It’s a refreshing place to walk off a big meal, enjoy a sunset, catch up with friends, or take your date on a swan boat ride.
- Texas TreeVentures. Texas TreeVentures is an aerial adventure course at Rob Fleming Park. Challenge yourself to complete various climbing, swinging, and tightrope-walking passages as you take in treetop views of the lush George Mitchell Nature Preserve. Let your inner kid come out and play; you’ll get the kind of exercise you won’t dread and unforgettable memories with family and friends.
- The Woodlands Children’s Museum. The Woodlands Children’s Museum offers a variety of child-enriching programs, including holiday activities, workshops, pre-K reading sessions, and more. Unlike in other museums, kids are encouraged to touch and interact with exhibits designed to help them move, play, and learn in a wide variety of capacities.
- Market Street. Market Street is home to an upscale shopping and dining district where you’ll find everything from designer fashion to salons, spas, and seafood restaurants. Treat yourself and the family to luxe goods and experiences, but also a healthy walk and some window-shopping inspiration.
- Local events and festivals. The Woodlands Township Parks and Recreation Department organizes over 60 community gatherings each year. These include campouts, concerts, eco-friendly cleanups, races, festivals, and holiday events. Happenings in The Woodlands are fun, family-friendly, and offer a carefree way to experience the small-town flavors of southeast Texas.
- Small-venue concerts. Just a short drive southwest of The Woodlands is Tomball. Here you’ll find Main Street Crossing, one of the best small music venues in the Houston metro area. This unique nonprofit in a historical venue hosts country, Americana, folk, blues, and other types of music artists in an intimate setting. MSC also offers food, beverages, table service, and community seating, making it easier to interact with fellow concertgoers and even performing artists. Parking is convenient and stress-free.
Main Street Crossing additionally functions as a multi-use venue for church services, concerts, and more located in Tomball. Check out our event calendar and enjoy entertainment in support of good causes!