If you’re ready to branch out from your usual Houston, Texas haunts this weekend, you have a true wealth of options to choose from. Houston is surrounded by vibrant, visitor-friendly communities where you and your friends or loved ones can truly relax and enjoy yourselves. If you’re looking for some (literally) greener pastures in the Houston area, consider making a trip to Cypress, Texas.
Where is Cypress, Texas?
Cypress is an unincorporated community situated northwest of Houston proper. Starting at the city center, you can get there via Hwy 10, then Hwy 290, in about 40 minutes. It’s a great way to get some fresh air and enjoy some scenic views, since Cypress forms an intersection between the urban metro area and the natural spaces beyond it.
Highlights To Check out in Cypress
There’s really something for everyone in Cypress. Check out some of the following options:
- The Houston Premium Outlets. If you love both designer brands and bargain-hunting, you’re sure to score some budget-friendly finds at the Houston Premium Outlets. Enjoy beautifully landscaped pedestrian thoroughfares, trendy eateries, and deals on top brands—including Tory Burch, Coach, Armani, Kate Spade, and more.
- Lakewoods Crossing Park. This park is especially great for families, as it contains a picnic pavilion, several unique playground structures, over 4 miles of hiking and biking trails, a skate park, and a creek. Best of all, the park is heavily wooded, offering plenty of cool shade on those sizzling Texas summer days.
- Escape games. Escape room games offer fun ways to bond with friends, family, and partners, hone your puzzle-solving skills, and take advantage of a surprising range of other benefits. Escapology Cypress delivers clean, stylish, and wheelchair-accessible themed experiences as well as a quirky steampunk lobby.
- Little Beakers Science Lab for Kids. This child-friendly science lab lets your kids have a blast doing science experiments, which is an effective way to get them interested in valuable STEM subjects. The lab is available for everything from field trips and home school classes to team-building events and birthday parties.
- Brew:30 Taphouse. All your Cypress adventures might make you thirsty, and the Brew:30 Taphouse offers a taste of every corner of Texas in their 30 rotating beers. This family- and pet-friendly establishment also offers axe-throwing, lawn games, live music performances, and adjacent food trucks with plenty of both omnivore and vegetarian options.
- Small-venue concerts. Just a short drive northeast of Cypress is Tomball. Here you’ll find Main Street Crossing, one of the best small music venues in the Houston metro area. This unique nonprofit in a historical venue hosts country, Americana, folk, blues, and other types of music artists in an intimate setting. MSC also offers food, beverages, table service, and community seating, making it easier to interact with fellow concertgoers and even performing artists. Parking is convenient and stress-free.
Main Street Crossing additionally functions as a multi-use venue for church services, concerts, and more located in Tomball. Check out our event calendar and enjoy entertainment in support of good causes!