If you live in Houston, Texas and want to get free of the city this Independence Day, consider taking your holiday to the fun and family-friendly community of Tomball just 40 minutes northwest of downtown. Each year, the city of Tomball organizes an outsized July 4th Celebration and Street Fest, also known as the Tomball 4th Fest. Here are some of the offerings you’ll revel in at this time-honored patriotic Tomball festival:
- Live music performances. No festival is complete without music, and on this day, you’ll enjoy a variety of styles by local and regional artists. Expect a feel-good mix of patriotic tunes and all-American genres sure to get you in a celebratory mood.
- Food and drinks. Get a taste of Tomball along with all of your favorite summertime foods at a variety of food stalls. Enjoy everything from burgers and BBQ to ice cream and sweet fried dough treats as well as specialty items from Pecos Grilling Company and the Original Rib Tickler. The more snacks you try, the more local businesses you’ll support—and the more you’ll savor the holiday. Don’t forget to drink plenty of water!
- Vendors. If you need to find a unique gift for someone, want to get a jump on your Christmas shopping, or just want to treat yourself, odds are that a Tomball 4th Fest vendor will have the perfect find. Browse an eclectic mix of inspiring wares, including art, handicrafts, jewelry, clothing, accessories, household items, and more.
- Military tributes. Independence Day is one of the most fitting times of year to honor veterans and active-duty members of the military. Witnessing Tomball’s special tribute to those who serve in the US Armed Forces will serve as a meaningful reminder of the sacrifices necessary to protect America and its allies. You can show your appreciation by participating in the annual sing-along of patriotic songs that takes place during this tribute.
- Fireworks. Tomball hosts one of the biggest Houston fireworks shows in the metro area, so don’t miss out on this one. The fireworks are synced to music from the festival’s main stage for extra dramatic flare and greater entertainment value. Bring your family and friends for a fun and awe-inspiring experience!
Celebrate America’s Independence With Main Street Crossing
You can celebrate all things America all year long at Tomball’s Main Street Crossing, one of the best small music venues in the Houston metro area. This unique nonprofit in a historical venue hosts country, Americana, folk, blues, and other types of music artists in an intimate setting: the furthest seat is only 45 feet from the stage. MSC also offers food, beverages, table service, and community seating, making it easier to interact with fellow concertgoers and even performing artists. Parking is convenient and stress-free.
Main Street Crossing additionally functions as a multi-use venue for church services, concerts, and more located in Tomball. Check out our event calendar and enjoy entertainment in support of good causes!