Houston Tribute Bands That Fans Are Raving About
If you’re looking for a Houston concert you’re guaranteed to enjoy and are reminiscing about your favorite music legends of the 1950s and later, it’s worth checking out a performance by a high-quality tribute band. The event will be all the more memorable if you can catch them at one of the smaller music venues where each band gives regular performances. Here are some of the best tribute bands Houston, Texas has to offer.
- Tomball Petty and the Heartachers. Tomball Petty and the Heartachers are Houston’s premier tribute to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, enjoying rapid success since their debut in 2021. Members include Matt Davis, T-Ray Porche and Dustin Edwards (from the New Offenders), Barrett Lankford and Caleb Pace (from Folk Family Revival), and Blake Bentley.
- The Fab 5. The Fab 5 is a Beatles tribute band whose concerts are replete with period-specific costumes, hairstyles, and onstage banter. The band was formed in 1990 and performs songs that the Beatles recorded but never performed live for an audience.
- Already Gone. Already Gone, a group that previously played their own original music, is now considered the South’s premier Eagles tribute band. Their debut EP, The Open Road, was released in 2017 and was so successful that the band has produced two more albums since.
- Nightbird. Nightbird has been performing songs by Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks since 2009, but has also opened for bands like Blue Oyster Cult, Starship, War, and The Doobie Brothers. They are based in Texas, but have played concerts in hundreds of venues nationwide.
- Bad Sneakers. Bad Sneakers formed in the early 2000s and is the only Steely Dan tribute in Houston. Each of its ten members has an impressive musical history and list of accomplishments; each has been passionate about music from an early age, and members also have experience playing rock, jazz, R&B, blues, salsa, and more.
- Vince King. Vince King is an award-winning Elvis tribute artist recognized by Elvis Presley Enterprises who, unlike most of his kind, can play Elvis songs from all eras (in full costume, hair, and makeup, of course). King lives in Texas, but has played in states all over the South either solo or with his Vegas Mafia backup band.
See These Popular Tribute Bands Up Close at Main Street Crossing
You can see Tomball Petty and the Heartachers, the Fab 5, Already Gone, Nightbird, Bad Sneakers, and Vince King perform in an intimate concert setting at Main Street Crossing.
Main Street Crossing in Tomball, Texas is one of the best small music venues in the Houston metro area. This unique nonprofit in a historical venue hosts country, Americana, folk, blues, and other types of music artists in an intimate setting: the furthest seat is only 45 feet from the stage. MSC also offers food, beverages, and community seating, making it easier to interact with fellow concertgoers and even performing artists.
Main Street Crossing additionally functions as a multi-use venue for church services, concerts, and more located in Tomball. Check out our event calendar and enjoy entertainment in support of good causes!
limelight, like children in foster care. Radney Foster and Kyle Hutton are country singer-songwriters who collaborated to create The Foster EP, which features songs about the Texas foster care system. Its proceeds go to raising awareness about the experiences and perspectives of foster kids, and the pair perform songs from the EP as part of a statewide “A Place to Stay” benefit concert tour.
Hutton also works as a board member for Main Street Crossing, a nonprofit organization that supports other local causes by hosting live concerts in an intimate setting.
Support Good Causes with “Up Close Concerts” at Main Street Crossing
Main Street Crossing in Tomball, Texas is one of the best small music venues in the Houston metro area. This unique facility in a historical building hosts country, Americana, folk, blues, and other types of music artists in “up close concerts”: the furthest seat is only 45 feet from the stage. MSC also offers food, beverages, and community seating, making it easier to interact with fellow concertgoers and even performing artists.
Main Street Crossing additionally functions as a multi-use venue for church services, concerts, and more located in Tomball. Check out our event calendar, join us in giving back to society through music, and enjoy entertainment in support of good causes!