7 Things To Do in Houston, Texas
Whether you’re visiting Houston, Texas from another city or state, or you’re a resident looking for some solid weekend or vacation activities, you’ll never be bored in the Bayou City. Here are just a few of the many options you can choose from if you’re looking for fun things to do in Houston:
- Space Center Houston. Space Center Houston features over 400 space artifacts as well as theaters and both permanent and traveling exhibits. Take a tram tour of the NASA Johnson Space Center, check out the spacesuit collection, and explore the shuttle replica Independence as well as the original NASA 905 shuttle carrier aircraft it sits on. You can also use a VR simulator to experience a space walk on the International Space Station.
- The Houston Zoo. The Houston Zoo is the second-most visited zoo in the US, and for good reason. In addition to visiting the exhibits of 900 animal species, you can experience zookeeper-guided encounters with some of them and participate in special events (such as the annual Feast with the Beasts and Walk for the Wild 5k in April). If you need to get off your feet for a bit, there are dining options and even a wildlife carousel.
- Minute Maid Park. Minute Maid Park is a must-see for any Houston Astros fan, especially as baseball season gets underway. Book a stadium tour, see a concert, or grab tickets for one of their upcoming games. The stadium features a retractable roof, so whatever the weather is doing, you can get the best of it.
- The Galleria. The Galleria offers Texas-sized shopping, as this mall features over 400 stores as well as restaurants, two hotels, full-service banks, and a post office. If you’re in search of a workout or simply good people-watching, the Galleria also boasts two swimming pools and a full-size ice rink.
- Downtown Aquarium. The Downtown Aquarium is definitely not your average city aquarium. It’s home to over 300 species of aquatic creatures from all over the world and offers up-close experiences with ambassador animals. It also has plenty of other amenities, including a restaurant (with windows into an aquarium, of course), carnival-style games, and even rides.
- Houston Museum District. The Houston Museum District offers so much more than the standalone museums you may find in other cities. This area contains 19 museums, galleries, and cultural centers, so there’s something for everyone. Many of these are free to visit, and all four “zones” in the district are pedestrian-friendly.
- Main Street Crossing. Main Street Crossing is one of the best small music venues in the Houston metro area. This unique nonprofit in a historical venue hosts country, Americana, folk, blues, and other types of music artists in an intimate setting: the furthest seat is only 45 feet from the stage. MSC also offers food, beverages, table service, and community seating, making it easier to interact with fellow concertgoers and even performing artists. Parking is convenient and stress-free.
Main Street Crossing additionally functions as a multi-use venue for church services, concerts, and more located in Tomball. Check out our event calendar and enjoy entertainment in support of good causes!